Crown Nation Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Gameplay Questions & Suggestions
Tyson
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:16:57 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Do you have any questions about how the game works? Any ideas you think would be cool to have in the game? Tell us about it here!
zace66
#2 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2013 7:52:48 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I loved the idea of this - its what the iPad needs and/or the PC. The work you have invested should be fulfilled. The iPad is becoming deeper in its games, but it is taking time. Slowly the process are rising, but certainly not as fast or as expensive as PC games.
Are you using purely x-code and the objective C to write this? In that case there is so work to do to get it working on a PC, but rolling something out across multiple platforms is never easy, unless you are writing in something like Unity where you can develop product the release on iOS/pc/mac/Android all at the same time.
Tyson
#3 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 9:01:08 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I thought your comment about the iPad becoming deeper in it's game offering was interesting. Is it your perception that iOS games are maturing and we're just now beginning to see some deeper, more complex games emerge? I've had an iPad for around 4 years at least now and I have struggled to find deeper strategy games. Someone pointed out on the Sunset Over Lievnos page that there are games like X-Com out on iOS now so you may be right about that. I have been thinking about scrapping the iOS version entirely, but maybe now is just the time to release it after all.

I am using Xcode and Objective C right now exclusively. There are definitely some challenges in making it for both iOS and PC. These are the issues I'm trying to figure out right now. I've had several suggestions ranging from using Objective C++ for the entire project, or using it as a layer between Objective C and C++ for things like display, and the idea of moving the entire project to Unity has also crossed my mind. It would also be possible (although more annoying) to just port the whole thing to C++ and have to versions entirely. I'm still looking into the best option. Once I figure that out I can get back to work on making this game again!